- For a quick review of red flag symptoms and initial testing, we encourage you to read Mitochondrial Disease: A Practical Approach for Primary Care Physicians. Click Here to view this article.
- To view short video clips that are also included in the Featured Courses – Click Here.
- For an in-depth look at how to Diagnose Mitochondrial Disease, Click Here.
- To view an MMS commentary on muscle biopsies, Click Here.
- Click Here for a consensus statement on Patient Care Standards for Primary Mitochondrial Disease.
New MMS publications are now available
- On the safety of medication in mitochondrial disease - in the Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disorders - Click Here.
- On the reasons the term “possible” mitochondrial disease should not be used - in the Journal of Medical Genetics - Click Here.
Mitochondrial Care Network
The MCN represents a group of physicians at medical centers across the country that have expertise and experience in providing coordinated, multidisciplinary care for patients with genetic mitochondrial disease. The effort is a collaboration between mitochondrial physicians in the Mitochondrial Medicine Society (MMS) and the US-based patient advocacy groups - United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UMDF) and Mito Action.
Mito on Call
UMDF’s Mito on Call is a collaboration between the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation and the Mitochondrial Medicine Society.
Often times, physicians, counselors, nurses and other medical professionals have questions about the diagnosis and treatment of mitochondrial disease patients. With one click, medical professionals can ask their question and have it answered by one of more than 20 top mitochondrial disease experts around the globe. Please note, while the goal is to have a response to you as quickly as possible, response times will vary based on expert availability. This service is for medical professionals only.